MH Eye Care Unit
Eye Care Department
The Bangrilla Community Hospital includes an Ophthalmology department run and overseen by Muslim Hands, a UK based charity.
Our Ophthalmology department remains at the forefront of providing specialized care for different eye conditions and diseases. Clinics run six days a week from 9am to 2pm. Besides Glaucoma, Squint, Refractive, and Pediatric Surgery, the department uses a state-of-the-art INFINITI Vision System for simple to complex cataract surgeries.
The department offers patients:
- Corneal Topography Scans.
- Optical Coherence Tomography Scans.
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography.
- Visual Field Assessment, and B-Scan Ultrasonography
The services we provide also include:
- Provision of outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions & conduct routine eye examinations.
- Determine each patient’s visual acuity, the field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications.
- Prescription of corrective lenses when required.
- Refer patients to board-certified ophthalmologists when required for more holistic eye care.
- Educate patients on proper eye care and identification of eye health safety factors that could impact vision, such as working around chemicals or in front of a computer.
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care.
- Cataract detection & surgeries on a quarterly basis under the Muslims Hands Eye Health Program.